Believe me, I know that feeling.
But after building multiple million-dollar businesses during recessions, there are a few things I’ve learned.
Here are some ways you can make more money during a recession:
- Change your mindset. This is crucial if you’re going to make a plan to turn your financial situation around. You can’t take action if your mindset tells you you’re doomed and can’t progress through the recession.
- Evaluate your goals. Where do you want to be financially? And I’m not talking about what you believe is logical at this time. Ask yourself where you’d want to be whether we were in a recession or not.
- Invest in your skillset. The best way to make more money during a recession is to maintain a steady flow of clientele. To do that, invest in your skillset so you can be the best you can be, provide the most value, and your customers keep coming back for more!
- Make time for income-producing activity. What can you do right now that produces the most income for your business? Typically that means getting on the phone and finding more clients. Or it means delivering your products and services to your current clients at the highest level. If you aren’t a business owner, ask your boss how you can add more value to the company you work at. Pitch income-generating ideas and negotiate for a bonus or a raise.
- Get better at articulating your value. Whether you own your own business or not, if you want more clients, if you want a raise, or if you want to generate more income in any way, you need to get good at articulating your value. Only then will people recognize what you’re worth, and say “yes” to you.
Remember, if you can communicate what you’re good at, then you don’t need to worry about the economy.
I hope these tips and tricks help you as you set financial goals for yourself and make strides to achieve them!
If there’s one thing you can do today that will allow you to get good at all of the 5 things listed above, it’s joining me for our next (and final) Sales Training Session this Saturday, October 29th at 8am (ET).
I’ll be taking you through “the four corners of the sales conversation.”
It’s a strategy that will help you identify your prospect’s intentions so you can help solve their problem by offering your product to them as a solution.
I believe that by implementing this strategy, you’ll be able to double your sales closing ratio. That’s how powerful it is.